Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can't Wait to Get Going But Not Quite Ready to Leave

I am quickly approaching the 3 days left in Missouri mark, and to be honest I'm getting a little nervous. Lady Antebellum's song "American Honey" describes almost perfectly how I am feeling at the moment.  

"Steady as a preacher 
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey"

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. I am so ready to be in New York and start this new chapter in my life, but I am also feeling like there are so many people I still want to see and things I want to do here before I leave, but simply wont have the time. My STL bucket list will be almost completely accomplished before departure time. That doesn't mean that I will have done everything I really wanted to do though. I have tried to suck up every little second of mommy time I can but I know I will still feel that void when in New York. I am so looking forward to her having Monday and Tuesday off before I leave so we can spend every minute of the day together before I leave. She also has a flight out of STL around the same time as me so she will get to bring me to my gate which will be very comforting. Just thinking about it makes me cry my eyes out as I type this, but hopefully the whole fam will make a trip to NY/ Hamptons to visit me :)

In other news, I have started the packing process and putting my life into 2 huge suitcases hasn't been as painful as I thought it would be (well so far, granted I only have work attire packed). Thanks to the help Miss Aleigh McKay I have some great outfits planned for the office, and can't wait to meet my bosses, they seem SO sweet.

I already have plans the first night I arrive to New York! I am so not a planner, so big props to my J-schoolers for thinking in advance. All of us girls in the program are going to see the midnight premiere of Sex and the City 2, how perfect! Only bad news is I have to work the next day, but Olympia only wants me for a half day so I will survive. That's all for now, got to get to bed so I'm ready for the Cards game tomorrow with my daddy, my sister, and Morgan. YAY!

I linked the video of American Honey by Lady Antebellum if you've never heard it. Enjoy!

-Allie

American Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment