Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day One Wrap Up

I'm finally here! I am currently laying in my bed of our adorable little apartment gazing out onto the beautiful city landscape. This is surreal. I'm not sure my first day here could have been more perfect. Just like I knew I would, I have fallen in love with this city.  This is my 3rd time here and many of the girls in the program are first timers. It's weird but I already feel like a New Yorker. This city has the same attitude as I do: move fast, and sleep when you're dead. I think the girls learned today that this city can chew you up and spit you out if you're not strong willed because it's a whole different ball game here. Everyone is constantly on the move and the are not lying when they say it is the city that never sleeps.

Here is some fun things I have discovered:
1. The rules to driving here is that there are no rules.
2. Tourists are annoying. I've got places to go people, if you're going to stop and take pictures get out of my way
3. Taxi drivers have amazing stories to tell, just ask them to tell you a few and you might make their day
4. Taking a taxi is rediculously expensive, they add fees for almost anything. ($45 ride from the airport made me learn my lesson quickly)
5. People walk everywhere, making it almost impossible to not lose weight here (score!)
6. This city is incredible and all of you need to come visit :)

I will continue to share my learned knowledge of the city as I become a better New Yorker throughout the summer, so stay posted.

For those of you wondering here is a basic rundown of my first day.
Got up around 5 am to head to the airport, ughh
Mom started crying as I left to go through security, heartbreaking
Got the window seat on both my layover to Chicago and to New York, score!
Almost had a 'Taken' experience when some man approached me to share a cab with him. Umm sir, I'm not stupid.
Easily found my apartments and actually unpacked everything right away, mom would be so proud.
Went out exploring and walked on Broadway, went to the southside seaport, saw ground zero and got a Jamba Juice
Got ready and went to the Marriot Marquis and then to Junior's in Times Square with our fabulous program coordinator. The food was delicious, it is a must- do in New York because they are voted best cheesecake every year. Conversation was also quite entertaining, all I'm going to say is 'what's that clicking sound?' haha if you want details ask
Showed the girls around Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Fifth Avenue
Then to end the perfect day we went to the midnight showing of Sex and the City 2 at midnight. It's so good, go see it.

Now here I am about to have my first day at Gucci, and I could not be more excited! My bosses seem so sweet and I couldn't ask for a cooler job. I will update as soon as I return, but for now I've got to go get ready so I can look fabulous for my first big day!!

XoXo-
Allie

to so here is a run down of my first day


Enjoy some of my pics!


NYC skyline from the southside seaport


apartment pics




    me and one of my roomies Morgan at the Sex and the City premiere!

No comments:

Post a Comment