Sunday, May 16, 2010

STL Bucket List

Okay so I'm down to 10 days left in Missouri. I am amazed at how fast time goes these days, it feels like yesterday I was saying NY was 6 months away. I have a lot I want to do here in very little time. Here's the list:

1. Go to a minimum of 1 Cardinals game
2. Have a girls night with all my favs
3. Go to Fairmount Park to see the horse races
4. Make a trip to the lake (if it's sunny)
5. Shop for fabulous NY clothes with Ms. McKay
6. Have a going away get together so I can spend time with everyone I will be away from for so long
7. See Jake's adorable little brothers
8. SnoBiz trip with T.J. and my sis
9. Visit the best teachers at Howell
10. Go to Gold's Gym and spend time w/ my role models the Cissell's 
11. Have lots of fam time, with a game night
12. Visit my incredible pledge mom, Katie 

That's probably not it but that's the important stuff at least. Overall I've been pretty bored since I've been home so I can't say I'm going to miss Missouri too much. It will however be very weird to not be able to go to the lake, hopefully the Hampton's can fill that void for me.

My favorite thing I've done since being home was go to Pujols 5 today to support my absolutely incredible pledge mom in Gamma Phi. She is my inspiration because she is everything I want to be:  full of life, courageous, and she has an absolutely beautiful heart despite the many obstacles she has had to face. Today she shaved her head for St. Baldrick's to raise money for cancer. I've never seen a bald girl look so pretty! She pulled it off perfectly, all for a great cause. She was diagnosed with cancer and has started chemo-therapy so she knew she would lose her hair eventually, so she decided why not lose it for a good cause before it comes out on it's own. I wish I could be closer to her this summer while she is going through this hard time but I know she will get through it perfectly,  just like she does with everything. 

That's all I have to report for now. Still working on my NYC bucket list so leave a comment if you have anything great I need to do while I'm there! Thanks for reading. 

-Allie     


Isn't she beautiful?! Love you Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment